Visitors to Weston-super-Mare’s Grand Pier will soon be able to immerse themselves in a new state-of-the-art virtual reality experience.
The seafront attraction is unveiling a virtual reality (VR) experience zone on 8th December which will offer visitors a chance to try the latest in VR technology with simulation and game play.
About the VR experience
The VR experience centre, said to be the first of its kind in Somerset, features six full-motion experience pods where guests wear the latest headsets and are ‘teleported into worlds beyond their imagination’.
The experiences show you full 360-degree views with ‘incredible detail that will make you believe you are thousands of miles away from Weston-super-Mare’.
The Grand Pier’s Cinema Zone, where the VR centre will be, will provide guests with a choice of six VR experiences, each of which lasts between four and five minutes.
The experiences include:
• Elf Power Inc: especially for Christmas. Guests get to join a team of Santa’s helpers as they embark on a journey to spread the joy of Christmas far and wide.
• Delta Zero: a high-octane space battle adventure.
• Jinxed: a VR twist on the classic ghost train.
• Dragon Island: a magical ride on the back of a dragon, ideal for younger guests.
• Legend of Lusca: an educational deep-sea adventure with a few surprises thrown in.
• Snow Coaster: a high-speed, white-knuckle, VR rollercoaster set against a frozen landscape.
More about the launch
Tim Moyle, general manager of the Grand Pier, said: “We are always looking for new and exciting additions to the wide variety of attractions we already have here on the Pier, so that we have something to offer people of all ages.
“We’re particularly excited about the VR experience centre, as it is a truly state-of-the-art experience, with options for thrill-seekers and younger guests alike.
“We can’t wait to see people’s reactions to the VR experience centre. Hopefully, guests will want to try out all six of the VR experiences on offer. We look forward to finding out which one they enjoyed the most.”
For more information, visit www.grandpier.co.uk.