Royal Caribbean International has revealed more features of Spectrum of the Seas to coincide with a handover ceremony of its 26th ship in Germany.
The first in the Quantum Ultra class of ships, Spectrum is set to sail from its home port in Shanghai from June this year.
It will reportedly be the largest and most expensive ship in Asia, accomodating 4,246 passengers at double occupancy and 1,551 crew members. This winter the ship will reposition to Hong Kong to offer special holiday cruises.
At a handover ceremony in Bremerhaven, Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International, said: “We are excited to welcome Spectrum of the Seas, our first Quantum Ultra class ship to the Royal Caribbean family.
“We have once again combined revolutionary ship design with the latest technologies to deliver a ship that will redefine the China cruise market. We are excited for our guests to make amazing family memories.”
Some of Spectrum’s highlights include:
- Royal Caribbean’s first exclusive suites-only area, which will feature Golden and Silver suite accommodations in a private enclave at the forward end of the ship on decks 13 through 16. Guests will have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge.
- A two-level, 2,809-square-foot Ultimate Family Suite, accommodating up to 11 guests. The three-bedroom suite includes a master bedroom and two additional bedrooms for grandparents and other family members. Kids have their own kid-friendly space on the upper level, complete with an in-suite slide that will transport them to the living area below.
- A new karaoke venue, Star Moment, where family and friends can belt out and sing like stars. This venue debuts on Spectrum.
- An enhanced SeaPlex – the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea where families can enjoy bumper cars, roller skating and basketball – with new augmented reality walls and floors, providing guests with thrilling, high-tech interactive experiences.
- The iconic Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience located on the aft of the ship, as well as Quantum Class favourites the North Star, a glass capsule that takes guests more than 300 feet above the ocean for incomparable panoramic views; RipCord by iFly, a heart-pounding skydiving simulator experience; and the FlowRider surfing simulator.
For more information call 0844 493 3033 or visit www.royalcaribbean.co.uk.