Jeff Wayne’s musical version of H.G Well’s The War of the Worlds will return for a tour of the UK this year to celebrate its 40th year and will feature some big names.
Described as ‘one of the most ground-breaking arena tours of all time’, The War of the Worlds will make its return to arenas including The O2 and Manchester Arena.
Casting has also been revealed to include stars including Jason Donovan, who returns to the role of Parson Nathanial, and Carrie Hope Fletcher as Beth, his wife.
It will also feature Liam Neeson in 3D Holographic form as The Journalist.
Also taking to the stage is Adam Garcia as The Artilleryman, British singer-songwriter Newton Faulkner who will perform The Sung Thoughts of The Journalist, Nathan James who will play The Voice of Humanity, and Anna-Marie Wayne reprising her role as Carrie, The Journalist’s Fiancée.
Jeff Wayne will return to the podium to conduct the nine-piece Black Smoke Band and 36-piece ULLAdubULLA Strings.
The arena experience
The story takes places as an Martian invasion storms earth, destroying everything it its path and abducting people, meanwhile we see the protagonists fight to keep loved ones safe.
The show will use the arena spaces to ‘captivate audiences and bring them closer to the action for an immersive experience’.
A three-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine will fire real flame heat rays at the audience, while a 100-foot wide Animation Wall with two hours of CGI will also make up part of the show.
• Glasgow The SSE Hydro: 30th November
• Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle: 1st December
• Manchester Arena: 2nd December
• Leeds First Direct Arena: 4th December
• Liverpool Echo Arena: 5th December
• Nottingham Motorpoint Arena: 7th December
• Birmingham Genting Arena: 8th December
• Cardiff Motorpoint Arena: 8th-10th December
• Bournemouth International Centre: 12th-13th December
• The O2, London: 15th December
• Brighton Centre: 16th-17th December
Group organisers should contact their chosen theatres for details on group rates.
For more information, visit www.thewaroftheworlds.com.