The show is set to open in March 2021 at the Birmingham Alexandra Theatre and will visit locations across the UK throughout the year.
Set amid the razzle-dazzle decadence of the 1920s, Chicago is the story of Roxie Hart, a housewife and nightclub dancer who murders her on-the-side lover after he threatens to walk out on her.
Desperate to avoid conviction, she dupes the public, the media and her rival cell mate, Velma Kelly, by hiring Chicago’s slickest criminal lawyer to transform her malicious crime into a barrage of sensational headlines, the likes of which might just as easily be ripped from today’s tabloids.
Created by the musical theatre talents of John Kander, Fred Ebb and choreographer Bob Fosse, the musical’s score includes the show-stopping songs Razzle Dazzle, Cell Block Tango, and All That Jazz. Winner of six Tony Awards, two Olivier Awards and a Grammy, it’s the longest running American musical in Broadway and West End history.
Some of the venues and tour dates announced so far:
- Birmingham Alexandra Theatre: Friday 12th - Saturday 20th March, 2021
- Milton Keynes Theatre: Monday 12th - Saturday 17th April, 2021
- Hawth Theatre Crawley: Tuesday 27th - Saturday 1st May, 2021
- Manchester Palace Theatre: Monday 17th - Saturday 22nd May, 2021
- Ipswich Regent Theatre: Monday 5th - Saturday 10th July, 2021
- Plymouth Theatre Royal: Monday 9th - Saturday 14th August, 2021
- Northampton Derngate Theatre: Monday 4th - Saturday 9th October, 2021
- Hull New Theatre: Monday 8th - Saturday 13th November, 2021
- Mayflower Theatre Southampton: Tuesday 16th - Saturday 20th November, 2021
Further dates will be revealed soon along with casting.
Since it opened in New York in 1996, Chicago has played in 36 countries worldwide and has been performed in Italian, French, Danish, Japanese and Korean. Worldwide it has been seen by an estimated 33 million people, grossed over $1.7 billion has played over 32,500 performances.
For more information visit www.chicagothemusical.com