Twilight at Burghley, running from 3rd to 6th October, will return for the second time this autumn, with the introduction of new ‘Twilight Suppers’ for groups.
Last year saw the inaugural event at Burghley House in Peterborough take place, complete with floodlights on the Elizabethan house and visitors being serenaded by musicians as they explored the grand historic house at twilight.
For 2018 there will be a special group price, plus there will be new suppers that feature a two course meal as well as entrance to Twilight at Burghley with a welcome glass of prosecco. The suppers are available on 3rd and 4th October for 15 or more people, and prebooking is essential.
More at Burghley in 2018
Also new for this year will be an Otherworldly sculpture exhibition in the sculpture garden from May to October. This will include a full-scale replica model of a Star Wars TIE Silencer spacecraft, from the latest Star Wars film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Returning again for the summer are five days and nights of film when the Burghley Film Festival (25th to 29th July) will transform the South Garden into an outdoor cinema.
And Christmas at Burghley will have a new look for 2018. This year’s event will be organised in conjunction with The Angel Fair, so alongside the traditional festive Fine Food Market there will be a wider range of goods on sale in the Christmas Crafts, as well as more seasonal log cabin stalls.
Helpful information for groups visiting Burghley
• Coach parking: Free.
• Coach driver facilities: Coach drivers get free admission and complimentary catering.
• Time needed to visit? You’ll need three to four hours minimum to make the most of all that’s on offer at Burghley.
• What to see: There are two gardens, a mix of contemporary sculpture in an historic setting in the Sculpture Garden, and 32 water features in the Garden of Surprises, plus the house.
• Where to eat: The Orangery Restaurant is an 18th century building that offers hot and cold lunches, snacks, afternoon teas and cakes.
• Group rate for 2018: £13 per person.
To book call Catherine Horne, group bookings organiser on 01780752451 ext. 171 or visit www.burghley.co.uk/visiting/group-visits.