The Broadway musical, Little Miss Sunshine, will make its European premiere in London in March 2019, before touring the UK.
The musical will open on 21st March at the Arcola Theatre in London for a seven-week run before it heads off to visit venues up and down the UK, starting with the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich from 20th May 2019.
Tickets for the seven-week run and the tour are now on sale.
About Little Miss Sunshine
Based on the Academy award-winning film by Michael Arndt, Little Miss Sunshine is an off-beat musical comedy. It follows the story of the Hoover family who have more than a few troubles, but young Olive has her heart set on winning the Little Miss Sunshine beauty contest.
When an invitation to compete comes out of the blue, the Hoovers must pile into their rickety, yellow VW camper van. Can it survive the 800-mile trip from New Mexico to California – and more importantly, can they?
Arcola Theatre artistic director, Mehmet Ergen said: “In uncertain times, we all need a little bit of sunshine. This is the story of a family coming together to celebrate their differences.”
Casting is to be announced.
Selected tour dates
• New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich: 20th - 25th May
• Grand Opera House, York: 4th - 8th June
• Alhambra Theatre, Bradford: 18th - 2nd June
• New Victoria Theatre, Woking: 25th - 29th June
• Kings Theatre, Glasgow: 2nd - 6th July
• Marlow Theatre, Canterbury: 30th July - 3rd August
• Leicester Haymarket Theatre: 3rd - 7th September
• Exeter Northcott Theatre: 31st September - 5th October
• Devonshire Park Theatre, Eastbourne: 8th - 12th October
More dates and venues can be found online. GTOs should contact their chosen theatre for details on group bookings.
Further venues are to be announced.
For more information, visit www.littlemisssunshinemusical.com.