The new production of hit musical Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, will tour the UK in 2019.
Theatre veteran Mark Goucher has joined forces with first-time producer Jason Donovan to create the new production. Tickets are now on sale for the show which opens in Dartford next September before touring venues across the UK and Ireland until November.
Jason Donovan performed in the cast of the original West End production of the musical as well as two subsequent UK tours.
Describing the production as a “modern musical with a great heart”, he said: “Priscilla is the perfect vehicle to venture into the world of producing and bringing all my experience on the show seems the logical next step. It’s such a wonderful Australian story about diversity.”
About the musical
Based on the Oscar-winning film, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, is about the hilarious adventures of three friends who hop aboard a battered old bus bound for Alice Springs to put on the show of a lifetime. Their epic journey is a heart-warming story of self-discovery, sassiness and acceptance.
The musical will feature an array of costumes, feathers and dance-floor classics including It’s Raining Men, I Will Survive, I Love The Nightlife and Finally.
The new production comes from the team behind the UK tours of Hairspray; with direction by Paul Kerryson and choreography by Tom Jackson-Greaves.
Selected 2019 tour dates:
• Dartford Orchard Theatre: 5th - 14th September
• Bradford Alhambra Theatre: 17th - 21st September
• Milton Keynes Theatre 30th September - 5th October
• New Wimbledon Theatre: 7th - 12th October
• Malvern Festival Theatre: 14th - 19th October
• Blackpool Winter Gardens: 21st - 26th October
• Leicester Curve: 28th October - 2nd November
• Edinburgh Playhouse: 4th- 9th November
• Liverpool Empire Theatre: 11th - 16th November
• Manchester Palace Theatre: 25th - 30th November
For information and group bookings head to www.priscillauktour.com
Main image: Mark Goucher and Jason Donovan.