Tour operator Riviera Travel has revealed its complete festive cruise programme for 2022, featuring stops at some of Europe’s top Christmas markets and historic venues.
A total of 19 sailings are now on offer across six Rhine and Danube itineraries, covering Yuletide market sailings that depart in the run-up to Christmas, cruises that travel across Christmas week and the day itself, plus celebratory New Year voyages.
Christmas dinner will be served to all guests travelling on 25th December and New Year’s Eve cruises will feature a special end-of-the-year dinner, midnight drinks and canapés.
Katja Hildebrandt from Riviera Travel said: “If you’re looking to do something really special for next year’s festive period, our December river cruises are the perfect way to mark the occasion. We’re offering a wonderful range of departures to help guests celebrate before, during or after Christmas.
“Our Yuletide market sailings will create the perfect festive atmosphere for everyone to get into the spirit of the winter season.
“Then over the Christmas period itself, we’ll sample the very best of what our destinations have to offer, while joining in the celebrations on board with special food, drink and entertainment.
“And what better way to welcome 2023 than relaxing on board with a glass or two of fizz, while also enjoying the trappings of the New Year on shore.”
All fares include flights to each cruise departure point in Europe with regional airport options, full board, transfers and on board WiFi. The Eurostar is an available option on Rhine itineraries.
- The Danube’s Imperial Cities & Yuletide Markets (six days): eight cruises featuring guided tours of Budapest, Vienna and Bratislava.
- Enchanting Rhine & Yuletide Markets (five days): seven cruises with guided tours of Bonn, Rüdesheim, Koblenz and Cologne.
- Christmas on the Rhine (eight days): sailing 21st December, six visits and tours are on offer including of Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg, Boppard and Cologne.
- Christmas on the Blue Danube (eight days): sailing 22nd December, including tours of Vienna, Salzburg or Linz, Budapest and Bratislava; and visits to Esztergom, Melk Abbey and Schönbrunn Palace.
- New Year on the Rhine (six days): sailing 28th December, with guided tours of Rüdesheim, Frankfurt, Koblenz and Cologne.
- New Year on the Blue Danube (six days): sailing 29th December, including guided tours of Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Schönbrunn Palace.
Groups of ten or more who book directly with the operator’s groups department receive a 10% discount on all festive sailings.
Call the dedicated groups team on 01283 742322 or email email@example.com for further guidance. More information is available at www.rivieratravel.co.uk.