Bookings are now being taken for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway’s Pullman dining experience, operating along the retro line from early April until the end of October 2022.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway’s Pullman service is described as an ‘unforgettable dining experience’ through the North York Moors National Park.
Departing from Grosmont Station, groups can sit back and relax on board one of the historic Pullman Dining Carriages whilst meandering through the Yorkshire countryside.
The catering team at North Yorkshire Moors Railway are said to pride themselves on offering the highest quality of service and seasonal menus featuring the best locally sourced food and drink.
Highlights across the menus include: slow-cooked honey and mustard pork belly; rhubarb and ginger crumble tart; Eton mess cheesecake; black pudding, apple and Wensleydale stack; roast topside of beef; mushroom risotto; salmon and chilli fish cakes; and cassoulet.
The Pullman menus include:
- Moorlander Lunch (Spring Menu - 7th April to 3rd July; Summer Menu - 7th July to 29th August; Autumn Menu - 1st September to 30th October). The very best of local and seasonal produce.
- North Yorkshire Evening Pullman (select dates between 22nd April and 15th October). Cassoulets, cutlets, crumbles and everything in between.
- Yorkshire Day (30th and 31st July). A menu packed with locally sourced dishes such as Pickering Watercress Soup and Yorkshire Parkin.
- Seafood Special Pullman (8th April to 8th July). From creamy chowder and a trio of fish cakes to smoked haddock or lemon poached trout.
- Passage to India Curry Train (15th April to 19th August). The very best of Indian cuisine, from onion bhajis and masoor dal starters to lamb rogan josh and chicken korma to desserts including kheer and gajrela ka halwa.
Large group bookings for this service can be catered for, with 103 being the maximum number to book the entire train for an exclusive experience.
Pullman experiences can be booked online at nymr.co.uk/pullman or by calling 01751 472508.