Former X-Factor winner, Alexandra Burke, will return to the starring role of Rachel Marron in the forthcoming tour of the musical The Bodyguard this December.
The show will open at Glasgow Theatre Royal on 3rd December before visiting other venues including Hull’s New Theatre, Southend Cliff’s Pavilion, and the Grand Opera House in Belfast.
The former Strictly Come Dancing finalist returns following a triumphant run in the show in both the West End and the 2015/2016 tour.
She most recently appeared as Svetlana in Chess at the London Coliseum and will soon appear as Roxie in Chicago at the West End’s Phoenix Theatre. Her other theatre credits include Deloris Van Cartier in the national tour of the musical Sister Act.
About The Bodyguard
Former Secret Service agent turned bodyguard, Frank Farmer, is hired to protect superstar Rachel Marron from an unknown stalker. Each expects to be in charge; what they don’t expect is to fall in love.
A romantic thriller, The Bodyguard features a host of classic hits including Queen of the Night, So Emotional, One Moment in Time, Saving All My Love, Run to You, I Have Nothing, I Wanna Dance with Somebody and I Will Always Love You.
The musical is based on the 1992 Oscar nominated film which starred Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. The show had its world premiere at the Adelphi Theatre in London in 2012.
Selected tour dates
• Glasgow Theatre Royal: 3rd – 29th December
• Hull New Theatre: 8th – 19th January
• Southend Cliffs Pavilion: 22nd January – 2nd February
• Grand Opera House Belfast: 6th – 16th February
• Liverpool Empire: 26th February – 9th March
• Milton Keynes Theatre: 12th – 23rd March
• Bristol Hippodrome: 26th March – 6th April
• Cardiff, Wales Millennium Centre: 16th – 27th April
• Norwich Theatre Royal: 30th April – 11th May
• Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury: 14th – 25th May
GTOs should contact their chosen theatres for details on group tickets.
For more information, visit thebodyguardmusical.com/uk-tour.