To mark English Tourism Week we look back at some of the destinations we’ve visited with our readers over the years.
Saturday 30th March marks the beginning of English Tourism Week, and to celebrate we thought we’d travel back in time to look at some of the great destinations Group Leisure & Travel has visited over the years with its readers as part of our Reader Club fam trips.
1. On a Reader Club trip with Leicestershire Promotions, group organisers visited the beautiful Belvoir Castle.
This castle situated in the Vale of Belvoir is home to the Duke of Rutland and has been in the family since 1067. Groups can enjoy guided tours of the house and gardens. Read the trip review.
2. RHS Garden Wisley gave a group a readers a colourful outing during 2017.
This garden has recently been awarded with Coach-Friendly Status, along with its fellow RHS gardens, meaning even more reason to go and visit. You can found out more about it here. Plus, make sure you read our trip review.
3. A couple of years ago readers of GLT enjoyed a garden and house tour of Woburn Abbey & Gardens.
Woburn Abbey & Gardens in Bedfordshire is closing for renovations later this year, but will reopen again after 18 months. Read the trip review.
4. When we discovered the home of the Codebreakers at Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire is home to the codebreakers of World War Two, and a group of GTOs explored the site during a hot summer. Visits here allow you to step inside the codebreakers’ huts and learn about the technology used to break the German Enigma code. Read the trip review.
5. York Minster was visited on a the fam trip which took GTOs on an inside tour.
This incredible structure is considered one of the UK’s most beautiful cathedrals and dates back to the 7th century. Read the trip review.
6. In 2018 GLT and a group of group travel organisers went to the top of The Shard.
The View from the Shard offer vistas of London that stretch for miles. This trip was combined with a visit to Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, a wonderful combination offering the old and the new of the capital. You can read the trip review and see how we got on.
7. Castle Howard in York was visited as part of a 2017 Reader Club trip.
This magnificant attraction has been used as a location for many films and tv programmes. Groups can choose to tour the house or the gardens when visiting and we found there is lots to see and do. Read the trip review.
If you would like to find out more about our Reader Club and how you can join us on a fam trip in future, click to our Reader Club section.