1. The Year 2022 Group Leisure & Travel Awards promotion will run from March 2022 until November 2022. However the organisers, Yandell Publishing Ltd and its subsidiary business YPL Exhibitions & Events, reserve the right to amend or change the dates at any time without prior notice.
2. The Awards presentation ceremony will take place at a suitable venue, or if required will be presented online as exclusively chosen by the organisers, based on all prevailing market factors, with a date of 5th October 2022 scheduled for the ceremony. However, the organisers reserve the absolute right to amend or change the date of the ceremony venue or the nature of presentation format at any time without prior notice.
The primary categories for 2022 are listed below, but may be changed or withdrawn at any time by the organiser without prior notice and may also be subject to further additional categories being added at the absolute discretion of the organiser.
- Best Attraction for Children & Families
- Best Museum or Gallery
- Best Historic Attraction or Venue
- Best Garden Visit
- Best Coach or Tour Operator - UK Tours
- Best Ferry or Fixed Link Operator
- Best Event for Groups
- Best Christmas Experience
- Best Guided Tour
- Best Accommodation for Groups
- Best Group Dining Experience
- Best Theatre Production
- Best Cruise Line
- Best Ticketing Agency
- Best UK Destination
- Best International Destination
- The Excellence Award
- Best Group Tour Operator
- Best UK Attraction
- Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
4. Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of the Group Leisure & Travel Awards will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the group travel industry at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to partner an Award category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the Award category in question. Yandell Publishing Ltd reserves the right to amend or withdraw what is included within the partnership packages or sponsorships at any time without prior notice.
5. Payment for category partnership will be due by 1st March 2022 at the latest, or if booked after 1st March 2022, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
6. Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships. A full 100% non-refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing within 14 calendar days from the date of issuing the category partnership contract. All standard terms and conditions related to commercial bookings apply, which are available here.
7. Category partners of the Year 2022 Awards get first refusal for partnering the same category again in 2023, although not necessarily on similar terms or cost. The deadline for decisions for the 2022 Awards is 30th October, 2022. After this date the category will be offered to the open market.
8. Voting forms for the Group Leisure & Travel Awards 2022 will be made available to the group travel market through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards and promoted via Group Leisure & Travel magazine.
9. The final deadline for votes or nominations in relation to the Year 2022 Awards will be publicised to the market via Group Leisure & Travel magazine and other media in its portfolio, although the organiser reserves the right to change any deadline date previously publicised if felt appropriate to facilitate the Awards.
10. Finalists of category awards will normally be informed by the beginning to the middle of August 2022 that they have been shortlisted, although the organiser reserves the right to change the month if felt appropriate to facilitate the Awards. The finalists will then be given a deadline to respond in order to confirm they are happy to be shortlisted and will attend the ceremony or participate online to collect or accept the award in the event they should win. Their finalist status will then be made public via Group Leisure & Travel magazine, its website and social media channels in advance of the awards ceremony.
11. Should any finalist not be in a position to attend the Awards Ceremony or participate online if required, or fail to formally confirm that they are happy to be shortlisted by the deadline given; the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel has, at its absolute discretion, the right to rescind their finalist status and they will no longer be eligible for the Award. A winner’s award will only be presented to a category winner if the business or company nominated is trading at the time of the awards ceremony and not in administration or if it has ceased trading. In such circumstances the award will go to the next runner-up.
12. On the basis that a physical ceremony is possible and scheduled, Award Partners will receive a free table for 8 or 10 persons (depending on the level of package chosen) at the awards ceremony as part of their package and must attend to present the award for the category agreed. The Awards Partner accepts this obligation when contracting to the Awards and accepts that in the event of non-attendance for any reason, no credit or refund will be made by Group Leisure & Travel magazine or Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
13. The organisers reserve the right, without prior notice, to revise or change the date of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, the location of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, and the nature and format of the event at any time, at their full discretion. In such circumstances the organisers will inform the Partner or Sponsor or any Participants in writing of any changes that the organisers believe to be appropriate to facilitate the successful conclusion of the Awards or promotional programme. If the organiser gives such notice to the Partner or Sponsor or Participant, the organiser shall be entitled to retain all monies paid to the organiser prior to service of such notice and to seek immediate payment of all monies still due to the organiser from the Partner or Sponsor or Participant.
14. Photography / Filming: Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at the ceremony as may be required for publicity purposes and which may be used during and after the event. By attending or participating in this event consent to use any images of attendees for promotional purposes by Yandell Publishing Ltd is implied. Such promotional use may include magazines, promotion literature, advertising, galleries, video coverage, social media, websites and poster artwork, and any other medium deemed appropriate by the organisers.
15. The organisers of the awards ceremony, when it is presented as a physical event, reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the ceremony without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to Group Leisure & Travel magazine or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the Awards dinner or ceremony.
16. In the event of a communicable disease including a viral infection or pandemic and / or any resultant official warning or instructions to prevent the assembly of people at a given place or at a given time, or any restrictions following any recommendation or legislation by the World Health Organisation or government, or PHE, that public events may not be staged or can proceed, the organisers are not responsible for any consequential loss should its own event or events or exhibitions be affected, postponed or cancelled, and the organiser will not refund deposits and / or any other payments or deposits either paid, accrued, pending or which are due for payment, or contracted to be paid at a future date. Customers of the organiser who are partners, sponsors, advertisers and / or exhibitors, should ensure that their own event insurance adequately covers them for such eventualities or circumstances, as the organiser will not be found liable for repayments or damages or any consequential loss in such prevailing circumstances.
17. The details of the category winners will not be announced until the Awards ceremony on the agreed date which will be pre-publicised. No finalists will be privy to the results and the identity of the category winner until this announcement unless in the opinion of the organiser this becomes necessary. The organisers reserve the right to amend or change the dates of the ceremony and nature of the announcements at any time without prior notice.
18. An Awards Review brochure confirming the winners of the Year 2022 Awards will be published within an edition of Group Leisure & Travel magazine following the awards dinner and ceremony. This will also detail the partners of the award categories. Dependent on which level of partnership package is agreed with an individual partner, and what rate is paid, there are various options on standard and added value packages. Full details of partner packages are made available at the Group Leisure & Travel website and at the time of booking. All partnerships that include advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for Group Leisure & Travel magazine. A copy of these Terms & Conditions are available upon request and available to view at https://mediapack.groupleisureandtravel.com. A picture round-up of the Awards Dinner will normally appear in the October, or November or December 2022 issue of Group Leisure & Travel magazine, although the publisher reserves the right to publish these pictures in any edition felt to be appropriate or to withhold photographs if required. An online picture gallery will normally also be published but can be cancelled and not published by the organiser if required.
19. Voting for the Year 2022 Group Leisure & Travel Awards is not open to employees of Group Leisure & Travel magazine or their families, or to employees of Yandell Publishing Ltd, or their families.
20. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel magazine has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at its discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
21. Details of all votes and voters or those nominating for categories will be kept private and confidential, and the names and addresses of voters or how they voted will not be disclosed for any reason. The voting procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations.
Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
22. The Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® nomination and entry forms will be made available on the Group Leisure & Travel magazine website through www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - and be promoted in editions of Group Leisure & Travel magazine. However the organiser and / or publisher has the option to change or vary publicity dates as required and also the nature of the nomination process at its full discretion without prior notice. GTOs can enter the award themselves and /or be nominated by travel trade suppliers, coach operators or group members. The awards panel comprising experts from the travel industry will normally interview finalists during the month of August or September 2022 or on a date decided to be convenient. The first prize for the Year 2022 Award will be £2,000 for a familiarisation trip of the winner’s choice, subject to the agreement of the Publisher.
23. In the event of a tie, the casting vote for the Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® will be with the chairman of the judging panel.
The Excellence Award
24. Nomination forms will be made available through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - and publicised in Group Leisure & Travel magazine. However the organiser and / or publisher has the option to change or vary any publicity dates and also the nomination process at its full discretion.
Nominations for The Excellence Award are accepted from group travel organisers only. Nominations from those working directly within the group travel trade for a company or attraction will not be accepted. Nominees only need to be nominated once to be considered for the finals and the number of nominations received does not directly affect the selection process. Nominations are assessed by the team at Group Leisure & Travel and four finalists chosen based on the information supplied. Details of finalists are made available through Group Leisure & Travel magazine and the website, after which group travel organisers are invited to vote for their winner through a form available through the GLT website. Only group travel organisers may vote and only one vote is accepted from each GTO. Votes from those working for travel trade providers will not be counted. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at its discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
25. In relation to all rules and regulations covering the Year 2022 Awards and the Awards ceremony, the publisher’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
© Copyright: These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.