1. The Year 2021 Group Leisure & Travel Awards promotion will run from March 2021 until November 2021. However the organisers, Yandell Publishing Ltd and its subsidiary business YPL Exhibitions & Events, reserve the right to amend or change the dates at any time without prior notice.
2. The Awards presentation ceremony will take place at a suitable venue, or if required will be presented online as exclusively chosen by the organisers, based on all prevailing market factors, with a date of 6th October scheduled for the ceremony. However, the organisers reserve the absolute right to amend or change the date of the ceremony venue or the nature of presentation format at any time without prior notice.
The primary categories for 2021 are listed below, but may be changed or withdrawn at any time by the organiser without prior notice and may also be subject to further additional categories being added at the absolute discretion of the organiser.
- Best UK Attraction for Children & Families
- Best Museum or Gallery
- Best Historic Attraction or Venue
- Best Garden Visit
- Best Coach or Tour Operator - UK Tours
- Best Ferry or Fixed Link Operator
- Best Event for Groups
- Best Christmas Experience
- Best Guided Tour
- Best Accommodation for Groups
- Best Group Dining Experience
- Best Theatre Production
- Best Cruise Line
- Best Ticketing Agency
- Best UK Destination
- Best International Destination
- The Excellence Award
- Best Group Tour Operator
- Best UK Attraction
- Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
4. Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of the Group Leisure & Travel Awards will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the group travel industry at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to partner an Award category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the Award category in question. Yandell Publishing Ltd reserves the right to amend or withdraw what is included within the partnership packages or sponsorships at any time without prior notice.
5. Payment for category partnership will be due by 1st March 2021 at the latest, or if booked after 1st March 2021, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
6. Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships. A full 100% non-refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing within 14 calendar days from the date of issuing the category partnership contract. All standard terms and conditions related to commercial bookings apply, which are available here.
7. Category partners of the Year 2021 Awards get first refusal for partnering the same category again in 2022, although not necessarily on similar terms or cost. The deadline for decisions for the 2021 Awards is 30th October, 2021. After this date the category will be offered to the open market.
8. Voting forms for the Group Leisure & Travel Awards 2021 will be made available to the group travel market through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards and promoted via Group Leisure & Travel magazine.
9. The final deadline for votes in relation to the Year 2021 Awards will be publicised to the market via Group Leisure & Travel magazine and other media in its portfolio, although the organiser reserves the right to change any deadline date previously publicised if felt appropriate to facilitate the Awards.
10. Finalists of category awards will normally be informed by the beginning to the middle of August 2021 that they have been shortlisted, although the organiser reserves the right to change the month if felt appropriate to facilitate the Awards. The finalists will then be given a deadline to respond in order to confirm they are happy to be shortlisted and will attend the ceremony or participate online to collect or accept the award should they win. Their finalist status will then be made public via Group Leisure & Travel magazine, its website and social media channels in advance of the awards ceremony.
11. Should any finalist not be in a position to attend the Awards Ceremony or participate online if required, or fail to formally confirm that they are happy to be shortlisted by the deadline given; the Publishers of Group Leisure & Travel has, at its absolute discretion, the right to rescind their finalist status and they will no longer be eligible for the Award.
12. On the basis that a physical ceremony is possible and scheduled, Award partners will receive a free table for 8 persons at the awards ceremony as part of their package and must attend to present the award for the category agreed. The Awards partner accepts this obligation when contracting to the Awards and accepts that in the event of non-attendance for any reason, no credit or refund will be made by Group Leisure & Travel magazine or Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
13. The organisers reserve the right, without prior notice, to revise or change the date of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, the location of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, and the nature and format of the event at any time, at their full discretion. In such circumstances the organisers will inform the Partner or Sponsor or any Participants in writing of any changes that the organisers believe to be appropriate to facilitate the successful conclusion of the Awards or promotional programme. If the organiser gives such notice to the Partner or Sponsor or Participant, the organiser shall be entitled to retain all monies paid to the organiser prior to service of such notice and to seek immediate payment of all monies due to the organiser from the Partner or Sponsor or Participant.
14. Photography / Filming: Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at the ceremony as may be required for publicity purposes and which may be used during and after the event. By attending or participating in this event consent to use any images of attendees for promotional purposes by Yandell Publishing Ltd is implied. Such promotional use may include magazines, promotion literature, advertising, galleries, video coverage, social media, websites and poster artwork, and any other medium deemed appropriate by the organisers.
15. The organisers of the awards ceremony, when presented as a physical event, reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the ceremony without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to Group Leisure & Travel magazine or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the Awards dinner or ceremony.
16. In the event of a communicable disease including a viral infection or pandemic and / or any resultant official warning or instructions to prevent the assembly of people at a given place or at a given time, or any restrictions following any recommendation or legislation by the World Health Organisation or government, or PHE, that public events may not be staged or can proceed, the organisers are not responsible for any consequential loss should its own event or events or exhibitions be affected, postponed or cancelled, and the organiser will not refund deposits and / or any other payments or deposits either paid, accrued, pending or which are due for payment, or contracted to be paid at a future date. Customers of the organiser who are partners, sponsors, advertisers and / or exhibitors, should ensure that their own event insurance adequately covers them for such eventualities or circumstances, as the organiser will not be found liable for repayments or damages or any consequential loss in such prevailing circumstances.
17. The details of the category winners will not be announced until the Awards ceremony on the agreed date which will be pre-publicised. No finalists will be privy to the results and the identity of the category winner until this announcement unless in the opinion of the organiser this becomes necessary. The organisers reserve the right to amend or change the dates of the ceremony and nature of the announcements at any time without prior notice.
18. An Awards Review brochure confirming the winners of the Year 2021 Awards will be published within an edition of Group Leisure & Travel magazine following the awards dinner and ceremony. This will also detail the partners of the award categories. Partners buying 2021 packages at the rate of £3,950 + VAT will benefit from a free full page within this brochure. Those partners taking advantage of historic package rates will have advertising opportunities made available to them, as will both winners and finalists, or any business or organisations, who in the opinion of the publisher, is suitable for inclusion in this publication. All advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for Group Leisure & Travel magazine. A copy of these Terms & Conditions are available upon request and available to view at https://mediapack.groupleisureandtravel.com. A picture round-up of the Awards Dinner will normally appear in the November or December 2021 issue of Group Leisure & Travel magazine, although the publisher reserves the right to publish these pictures in any edition felt to be appropriate as an alternative or to withhold photographs if required. An online picture gallery will normally also be published but can be cancelled by the organiser if required.
19. Voting for the Year 2021 Group Leisure & Travel Awards is not open to employees of Group Leisure & Travel magazine or their families, or to employees of Yandell Publishing Ltd, or their families.
20. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel magazine has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publishers has the absolute right, at its discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
21. Details of all votes and voters will be kept private and confidential, and names and addresses of voters or how they voted will not be disclosed for any reason. The voting procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act and and General Data Protection Regulations.
Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
22. The Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® nomination and entry forms will be made available on the Group Leisure & Travel magazine website through www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - and be promoted in editions of Group Leisure & Travel magazine. However the organiser and / or publisher has the option to change or vary publicity dates as required and also the nature of the nomination process at its full discretion without prior notice. GTOs can enter the award themselves and /or be nominated by travel trade suppliers, coach operators or group members. The awards panel comprising experts from the travel industry will normally interview finalists during the month of August or September 2021 or on a date decided to be convenient. The first prize for the Year 2021 Award will be £2,000 for a familiarisation trip of the winner’s choice, subject to the agreement of the Publisher.
23. In the event of a tie, the casting vote for the Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® will be with the chairman of the judging panel.
The Excellence Award
24. Nomination forms will be made available through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - and publicised in Group Leisure & Travel magazine. However the organiser and / or publisher has the option to change or vary any publicity dates and also the nomination process at its full discretion.
Nominations for The Excellence Award are accepted from group travel organisers only. Nominations from those working directly within the group travel trade for a company or attraction will not be accepted. Nominees only need to be nominated once to be considered for the finals and the number of nominations received does not directly affect the selection process. Nominations are assessed by the team at Group Leisure & Travel and four finalists chosen based on the information supplied. Details of finalists are made available through GLT Magazine and the website, after which group travel organisers are invited to vote for their winner through a form available through the GLT website. Only group travel organisers may vote and only one vote is accepted from each GTO. Votes from those working for travel trade providers will not be counted. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at its discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
25. Ceremony tickets when and if offered are sold on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. Cancellations are subject to an administration fee of 30 per cent of the total cost and refunds are not available should bookings be cancelled after 3rd September 2021.
26. Those booking tickets if available, and attending an Awards Ceremony Dinner or Lunch, should advise the event organisers at Group Leisure & Travel of any dietary requirements or special requests when completing the booking form, or at least ten working days prior to the dinner on 6th October 2021 or ten days before any alternative date that may apply. Any requests after this time cannot be guaranteed.
27. All special guests, presenter and performers appear at the Awards Ceremony subject to professional work commitments and the line-up is subject to change without notice. No refunds will be given to partners or attendees if the advertised line-up changes or does not appear.
28. In relation to all rules and regulations covering the Year 2021 Awards and the Awards ceremony, the publisher’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
© Copyright: These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.