1.The Year 2020 Group Leisure & Travel Awards promotion will run from January 2020 until November 2020.
2. The Awards presentation dinner will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel at Stadium MK, Milton Keynes on Wednesday 7th October, 2020.
- Best UK Attraction for Children & Families
- Best Museum or Gallery
- Best Historic Attraction or Venue
- Best Garden Visit
- Best Coach or Tour Operator - UK Tours
- Best Ferry or Fixed Link Operator
- Best Airline
- Best Event for Groups
- Best Christmas Experience
- Best Guided Tour
- Best Accommodation for Groups
- Best Group Dining Experience
- Best Theatre Production
- Best Cruise Line
- Best Ticketing Agency
- Best UK Destination
- Best International Destination
- The Excellence Award
- Best Group Tour Operator
- Best UK Attraction
- Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
4. Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of the Group Leisure & Travel Awards will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the group travel industry at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to partner an Award category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the Award category in question. Yandell Publishing Ltd reserves the right to amend what is included within the packages.
5. Payment for category partnership will be due by 1st February, 2020 at the latest, or if booked after 1st February 2020, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
6. Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships. A full 100% non-refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing within 14 calendar days from the date of the category partnership contract. All standard terms and conditions related to commercial bookings apply, which are available here.
7. Category partners of the Year 2019 Awards get first refusal for partnering the same category again in 2020. The deadline for decisions for the 2020 Awards is 3rd November, 2019. After this date the category will be offered to the open market. 2020 partners will get first refusal for the 2021 awards and the deadline for this is 2nd November 2020.
8. Voting forms for the Group Leisure & Travel Awards 2020 will be made available to the group travel market through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards and promoted via Group Leisure & Travel magazine.
9. The final deadline for votes in relation to the Year 2020 Awards will be Wednesday 1st July 2020.
10. Finalists of category awards will normally be informed by the beginning to the middle of August 2020 that they have been shortlisted. The finalists will then be given a deadline to respond in order to confirm they are happy to be shortlisted and will attend the ceremony to collect the award should they win. Their finalist status will then be made public via Group Leisure & Travel magazine, its website and social media channels.
11. Should any finalist not be in a position to attend the Awards Dinner or fail to formally confirm that they are happy to be shortlisted by the deadline given; the Publisher of Group Leisure & Travel has, at their absolute discretion, the right to rescind their finalist status and they will no longer be eligible for the Award.
12. Award partners will receive a free table for 8 persons at the awards dinner as part of their package and must attend the dinner to present the award for the category agreed. The Awards partner accepts this obligation when contracting to the Awards and accepts that in the event of non-attendance, no credit or refund will be made by Group Leisure & Travel magazine or Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
13. Photography / Filming: Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at this event for publicity purposes which may be used during and after the event. By attending this event consent to use any images of attendees for promotional purposes by Yandell Publishing Ltd is implied. Such promotional use may include magazines, promotion literature, advertising, galleries, video coverage, social media, websites and poster artwork, and any other medium deemed appropriate by the organisers.
14. The organisers of the awards dinner reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the dinner without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to Group Leisure & Travel Magazine or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the Awards dinner.
15. The details of the category winners will not be announced until the Awards ceremony on the evening of 7th October, 2020. No finalists will be privy to the results and the identity of the category winner until this announcement.
16. An Awards Review brochure confirming the winners of the Year 2020 Awards will be published within an edition of Group Leisure & Travel magazine following the awards dinner. This will also detail the partners of the 20 categories. Partners buying 2020 packages at the rate of £3,500 + VAT will benefit from a free full page within this brochure. Those partners taking advantage of historic package rates will have advertising opportunities made available to them, as will both winners and finalists, or any business or organisations, who in the opinion of the publisher, is suitable for inclusion in this publication. All advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for Group Leisure & Travel magazine. A copy of these Terms & Conditions are available upon request and available to view at https://mediapack.groupleisureandtravel.com. A picture round-up of the Awards Dinner will appear in the November or December 2020 issue of Group Leisure & Travel magazine, although the publisher reserves the right to publish these pictures in any edition felt to be appropriate as an alternative. An online picture gallery will also be published.
17. Voting for the Year 2020 Group Leisure & Travel Awards is not open to employees of Group Leisure & Travel magazine or their families, or to employees of Yandell Publishing Ltd, or their families.
18. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel magazine has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at their discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
19. Details of all votes and voters will be kept private and confidential, and names and addresses of voters or how they voted will not be disclosed for any reason. The voting procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award®
20. The Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® nomination and entry forms will be made available on the Group Leisure & Travel magazine website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - normally in April, and be promoted in the April and May editions of Group Leisure & Travel magazine. GTOs can enter the award themselves and/or also be nominated by travel trade suppliers, coach operators or group members. The awards panel comprising experts from the travel industry will interview finalists during the month of August or September 2020 or on a date decided to be convenient. The first prize for the Year 2020 Award will be £2,000 for a familiarisation trip of the winner’s choice, subject to the agreement of the Publisher.
21. In the event of a tie, the casting vote for the Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award® will be with the chairman of the judging panel.
The Excellence Award
22. Nomination forms will be made available on the Group Leisure & Travel magazine website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - normally from April / May, and be promoted in the May and June editions of Group Leisure & Travel magazine.
Nominations are accepted from group travel organisers. Those working directly within the group travel trade for a company or attraction may also nominate a colleague, but are restricted to making only one nomination. Nominees only need to be nominated once to be considred for the finals and the number of nominations received does not directly affect the selection process. Nominations are assessed by the team at Group Leisure & Travel and four finalists chosen based on the information supplied. Details of finalists are made available through GLT Magazine and the website, after which group travel organisers are invited to vote for their winner through a form available on the GLT website. At this stage of the competition, only group travel organisers may vote and only one vote is accepted from each GTO. Votes from those working for travel trade providers will not be counted.
23. Dinner tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. We regret that cancellations are subject to an administration fee of 30 per cent of the total cost and that refunds are not available should bookings be cancelled after 4th September 2020.
24. All special guests, presenter and performers appear at the Awards Dinner subject to professional work commitments and the line-up is subject to change without notice. No refunds will be given if the advertised line-up changes or does not appear.
25. In relation to all rules and regulations covering the Year 2020 Awards and the Awards dinner, the publisher’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
© Copyright: These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.