1.The Year 2019 Group Leisure & Travel Awards promotion will run from January 2019 until November 2019.
2. The Awards presentation dinner will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel at Stadium MK, Milton Keynes on 9th October, 2019.
- Best UK Attraction for Children & Families
- Best Museum or Gallery
- Best Historic Attraction or Venue
- Best Coach or Tour Operator - UK Tours
- Best Ferry or Fixed Link Operator
- Best Airline
- Best Event for Groups
- Best Christmas Experience
- Best Guided Tour
- Best Accommodation for Groups
- Best Group Dining Experience
- Best Theatre Production
- Best Cruise Line
- Best Ticketing Agency
- Best UK Destination
- Best International Destination
- The Excellence Award
- Best Group Tour Operator - Short Haul
- Best Group Tour Operator - Long Haul
- Best UK Attraction
- Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award
4. Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of the Group Leisure & Travel Awards will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the group travel industry at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to partner an Award category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the Award category in question. Yandell Publishing Ltd reserves the right to amend what is included within the packages.
5. Payment for category partnership will be due by 1st February, 2019 at the latest, or if booked after 1st February 2019, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
6. Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships. A full 100% non-refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing within 14 calendar days from the date of the category partnership letter or e-mail confirmation.
7. Category partners of the Year 2018 Awards get first refusal for partnering the same category again in 2019. The deadline for decisions for the 2019 Awards is 4th November, 2018. After this date the category will be offered to the open market. 2019 partners will get first refusal for the 2020 awards and the deadline for this is 4th November 2019.
8. Voting forms for the Group Leisure & Travel Awards 2019 will be made available to the group travel market through the Group Leisure & Travel website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards and promoted via Group Leisure & Travel magazine.
9. The final deadline for votes in relation to the Year 2019 Awards will be Monday 1st July 2019.
10. Finalists of category awards will normally be informed by the beginning of August 2019 that they have been shortlisted. The finalists will then be given a deadline to respond in order to confirm they are happy to be shortlisted and will attend the ceremony to collect the award should they win. Their finalist status will then be made public via Group Leisure & Travel magazine, its website and social media channels.
11. Should any finalist not be in a position to attend the Awards Dinner or fail to formally confirm that they are happy to be shortlisted by the deadline given; the Publisher of Group Leisure & Travel has, at their absolute discretion, the right to rescind their finalist status and they will no longer be eligible for the Award.
12. Award partners will receive a free table for 8 persons at the awards dinner as part of their package and must attend the dinner to present the award for the category agreed. The Awards partner accepts this obligation when contracting to the Awards and accepts that in the event of non-attendance, no credit or refund will be made by Group Leisure & Travel magazine or Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
13. Photography / Filming: Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at this event for publicity purposes which may be used either during the event or over the post-event period. By attending this event consent to use any images of attendees for promotional purposes by Yandell Media Group is implied. Such promotional use may include magazines, promotion literature, advertising, galleries, video coverage, social media, websites and poster artwork, and any other medium deemed appropriate by the organisers.
14. The organisers of the awards dinner reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the dinner without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to Group Leisure & Travel Magazine or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the Awards dinner.
15. The details of the category winners will not be announced until the Awards ceremony on the evening of 9th October, 2019. No finalists will be privy to the results and the identity of the category winner until this announcement.
16. An Awards Review brochure confirming the winners of the Year 2019 Awards will be published within an edition of Group Leisure & Travel magazine following the awards dinner. This will also detail the partners of the 21 categories. Partners buying 2019 packages at the rate of £3,500 + VAT will benefit from a free full page within this brochure. Those partners taking advantage of historic package rates will have advertising opportunities made available to them, as will both winners and finalists, or any business or organisations, who in the opinion of the publisher, is suitable for inclusion in this publication. All advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for Group Leisure & Travel magazine. A copy of these Terms & Conditions are available upon request and available to view at http://advertising.groupleisureandtravel.com. A picture round-up of the Awards Dinner will appear in the November or December 2019 issue of Group Leisure & Travel magazine, although the publisher reserves the right to publish these pictures in any edition felt to be appropriate as an alternative. An online picture gallery will also be published.
17. Voting for the Year 2019 Group Leisure & Travel Awards is not open to employees of Group Leisure & Travel magazine or their families or to employees of Yandell Publishing Limited, or their families.
18. If for any reason the publisher of Group Leisure & Travel magazine has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at their discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
19. Details of all votes and voters will be kept private & confidential and names and addresses of voters or how they voted will not be disclosed for any reason. The voting procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award
20. The Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award nomination and entry forms will be made available on the Group Leisure & Travel magazine website at www.groupleisureandtravel.com/awards - normally in April, and be promoted in the April and May editions of Group Leisure & Travel magazine. GTOs can enter the award themselves and/or also be nominated by travel trade suppliers, coach operators or group members. The awards panel comprising experts from the travel industry will interview finalists during the month of August or September 2019 or as decided to be a convenient date. The first prize for the Year 2019 Award will be £2,000 for a familiarisation trip of the winner’s choice, subject to the agreement of the Publisher.
21. In the event of a tie, the casting vote for the Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award will be with the chairman of the judging panel.
22. Dinner tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. We regret that cancellations are subject to an administration fee of 30 per cent of the total cost and that refunds are not available should bookings be cancelled after 6th September 2019.
23. In relation to all rules and regulations covering the Year 2019 Awards and the Awards dinner, the publisher’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
© Copyright: These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.
Updated 6th November 2018